3rd edition: Sunday, April 17, 2011 :
For this 3rd edition, eight lawyers have pleaded on the Al-Quds University campus. The four French litigants were Mr. Balguy-Gallois (lawyer at the Paris Bar Association), Mrs. Lucas (lawyer at the Pau Bar Association), Mr. Sédillot (lawyer at the Rouen Bar Association) as well as Mrs. Souléliac (lawyer at the Paris Bar Association), and the four Palestinians Mrs. Abu Snaina, Mr. Abuarqoub, Mr. Rabai and Mrs. Salah. It can be noted that, out of the four Palestinian pleadings, three directly questioned the Palestinian Authority or its society.
The jury was composed of:
- Mr. Benoît Todié, cooperation and cultural action advisor in Jerusalem
- Mr. Ali Khashan, Minister of Justice of the Palestinian Authority
- Mr. Abdelghani Al Aiwaiwi, Attorney General
- Mr. Pascal Blanchetier, Deputy Mayor of Caen
- Mr. Alain Tourret, lawyer, president of the International Institute for Human Rights and Peace and Vice-President of the Lower-Normandy Region
- Mrs. Ariane Weben, lawyer and chairman of the Caen Bar Association of Caen
- Mr. Olivier Plançon, Deputy Consul General of Jerusalem
Among these eight lawyers who have all pleaded a case on a violation of the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the most convincing was Mrs. Muna Abu Snaina. Her pleading on Chatha, a 14-year old Palestinian girl moved the jury. Accordingly, Mrs. Abu Snaina won the 3rd edition of the International Pleading Competition of Palestine.
Voir la suite
Voir la suite