The Scientific Committee is an advisory authority. It is made up of national and international figures that are known for their actions in support of human rights and peace. On their own initiative or upon request of the board of directors, members can give any useful contribution to the progress of the missions of the Institute.
The Institute’s Scientific Committee is chaired by the General Secretary, Mrs Catherine-Amélie Chassin and is composed of:
- Mrs Nicole Ameline, former minister, deputy,
- Mr. Antoine Bouvier, CICR representative,
- Mr. Jean-Michel Belorgey Conseiller d’État, président de section du Conseil d’État,
- Mr. François Cantier, lawyer and president of “Avocats sans frontiers” (Lawyers without Borders),
- Mrs Agnès Cerf, lecturer at the Law Faculty,
- Mrs Isabelle Fougère, president of the Association of women journalist (AFJ) and freelance journalist,
- Mr. François-Régis Hutin, CEO of the Group Ouest-France,
- Mr. Jean-Manuel Larralde, University professor,
- Mr. Pascal Mbongo, University professor,
- Mr. Christophe Pettiti, lawyer and General Secretary of the Institute of Training in Human Rights of the Paris Bar Association, General Secretary of the Institute for Human Rights of European Lawyers,
- Mr. Richard Sédillot, lawyer and vice-president of the Commission « Liberties » for the National Bar Association,
- Mrs Françoise Sichler, president of the Administrative Court of Melun,
- Mr. Paul Tavernier, Emeritus University professor,
- Mrs Hélène Tigroudja, University professor.